Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them


Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them 

Hi, everyone! Just wanna give a shout out and apologize about my semi-hiatus. The July Camp NaNoWriMo is wrapping up.

Anyhow, here's a quick top ten!



1.) As You Wish by Cary Elwes - I've always found sword fighting to be very fascinating. After reading this book, I wanted to sign-up for a fencing class. On guard!

2.) Pride & Prejudice - After all the walking Elizabeth does, it makes me wish I could visit the English countryside, and well, take a long walk! Maybe fish in Darcy's lake ;D.

3.) Anne of Green Gables - Makes me want to write YA/children's comedy. Her character is so delightful and zany, while also being inspiring. The world needs more modern equivalents.



4.) Hyperbole and A Half - Made me want to create my own webcomic featuring the wacky and fun situations in my life. It's still on my bucketlist. Someday.



4.) Catching Fire - Loving the Hunger Games series, I was very excited many of the movie scenes were filmed in my state. Because of the book's movie, I decided to visit The Swan House aka President Snow's mansion in Atlanta. There I am commanding the districts!

5.) Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice - Ditto with this book & movie combo. As teen, even before Twilight, I had an odd fascination about vampires as a character archetype, and whether or not such an individual could be redeemed for good. Rice's vivid descriptions of New Orleans inspired me to plan a family vacation to the historic city.

6.) Wreck This Journal - Made me get over a dab of OCD perfectionism when it comes to keeping books and neat and clean. I like for books to look new. Some people love dog-eared paperbacks...I prefer mint condition. Anyhow, wrecking a book was a challenge for me. But it made me enjoy it.

7.) Christian Paths to Health and Wellness - This text was required reading at my college. However, it had a ton of inspiring and useful information. I started a weight loss journey and went from a size 20W to a size 2. I'll post pics someday.




8.) The Wizard of Oz - If you've ever read the book or seen the movie, you have to take a hot air balloon ride!

9.) The Saddle Club series - This series made me want to own a horse so, so very badly as kid. I still like horses and daydream about owning a farm. The influence of children's lit!



10.) The Neverending Story - Encouraged me to love reading, made me want my own Luck Dragon, and, again, a horse like the beloved Artax.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books before, but I've had my eye on Hyperbole and A Half, for a while now! I need to get to it ASAP, I've heard so many great things about it. Great Top Ten! :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Hyperbole and A Half! I'm really eager for the sequel. There's some cool stuff on her blog, but last time I checked, she hasn't updated in a while.

      Delete
  2. I'd so love to take a walk on England's countryside <3 anddd I have never seen Wizard of Oz (or I might when I was small) but I would love to go on a hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was thrilling! I'd love to do it again someday, hopefully in the day time.

      Delete
  3. I would love to learn sword fighting!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/top-ten-tuesday-67/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My husband and I have since bought toy lightsabers to duel with, lol, but it's not quite the same thing.

      Delete
  4. Yes! I would love to wander the English countryside like Lizzie or visit the moors of the Bronte novels!
    Great List!
    Thanks for stopping by The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Bronte moors! :D That would be wonderful, too. *adds to bucketlist*

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails