Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Books That Make Me Nolgastic For Back To School



Books That Make Me Nolgastic For Back To School


Harry Potter - Really captures the whole school experience. Especially, going back to school, the thrill of getting all the new supplies and catching up with friends you haven't seen in months.

The Princess Diaries - Although I didn't write in a physical journal at school, I did rush to the computer as often as I could to update my former livejournal account, Mia style. I could be seen reading and re-reading this series between class.

Twilight - Regardless if you liked the romance or not, for me, the book took me back to all the lunchroom and parking lot drama that was high school.

Fangirl - Ah, those first college days, when my biggest concerns were how to pass my classes and finish NaNoWriMo in November amidst Thanksgiving break.

Thesaurus - Seeing a thesaurus always makes me think of back-to-school shopping. Nowadays I just google a word searching for synonyms.

How To Draw Manga - Granted, I'm still not good at drawing manga style, but I read a lot of these books to improve my technique. I was always secretly drawing characters in class.

Collected Shakespeare - From middle school onward, my class read a play every year. His work feels synonymous with English class.

Collected Emily Dickinson Poetry - I'll never forgot the first time my friends and I read "I heard a fly buzz when I died" our minds were blown by the slight absurdity. I learned to love it though. Still takes me back.

Goosebumps series - Anytime I see a Goosebumps title, be it in a bookstore or, haha, an antique store, I remember how popular they were during my elementary school days.

Choose Your Own Adventure series - Ditto with this series! Before smartphones and Gameboy DS was allowed at school, this was the only way I was having an adventure in class.

4 comments:

  1. Fangirl is on my TBR. I didn't realize it takes place in college. I guess i need to move up to the top of my TBR!
    Here is my top ten list: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the setting was refreshing for me. I like reading college age characters outside of the "New Adult" romance genre.

      Delete
  2. Ah love Harry Potter!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-72/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails