Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet


Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet

This is just sad, cause I literally have hundreds from before 2010...and most the books I've picked for Waiting on Wednesday since then (ekk). Procrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!


The Count of Monte Cristo - Was the first book I added to my Goodreads to-read list. I've enjoyed the movie and the anime series...but I've yet to read it and discover the many differences.

A Wrinkle In Time - It's a classic. Oshie even owns a copy and I've started it several times, but never finished. It's one that always remains on my back-burner.

The Uglies Series - Back in 2010 this series was everywhere. I read and heard good things about it. I generally like YA scifi/dsytopia, however I've never cracked it open.

Life of Pi - It comes highly recommended. Yet, after the movie came out, I sorta forgot about it.

The Book of Merlyn - After reading The Once And Future King in high school, I promised myself I'd continue the series with this book. And that's been a long, long, time ago....

A Series of Unfortunate Events - I intended to read this after Harry Potter, but never did. Again, the movie kinda pushed it further down my to-read list.

The Time Traveler's Wife - I like time travel, I like romance, and scifi/fantasy. Several of my friends read this and recommended it. I enjoyed the movie. But, me reading this bestseller still hasn't happened.

The Grand Sophy - Since adding this book to my to-read this I've enjoyed another novel by Heyer. Her work is awesomely Austen-esque. I've read that The Grand Sophy is one of her best, so I still need to check it out.

Les Miserables - Love, love the musical! I'll get around to tackling this juggernaut of a book one day...

The Phantom of the Opera - Ditto for this book! I have a copy, but there's just so much to read and so little time.

19 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed both the Uglies series and A Series of Unfortunate Events!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :D I need to do a "YA catch-up" challenge.

      Delete
  2. The Uglies series is really good! I'm kind of glad they never tried to make a movie out of it, just because the books are always so much better.
    And A Series of Unfortunate Events was amazing! You should definitely try reading them before the Netflix series comes out. Although who knows when that'll be. :)
    My #Shame TTT
    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix series?? Ooo, I'm interested now! I really like what Netflix did with Stranger Things and, lately, I've been fresh out of a series to watch. Thanks for telling me!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Life of Pi but that was one where the movie definitely intrigued me for reading the book. I'm a bit scared I would ugly cry during it though. Great list.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Seems like I cry more when I read than when I watch a movie. I get more attached to characters.

      Delete
  4. I recently read A Wrinkle In Time and only because a kid I was tutoring was doing a project on it.
    Great book and I wished I'd read it before. There's a movie coming out too, I think.
    My post here: https://runwright.net/2016/08/23/11364/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I wish I'd got to read classic stuff like that for school projects. I'm going to look for the movie ;D

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed The Uglies series. I didn't get on too well with Phantom Of The Opera though. I hope you have a different reading experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, sorry to hear that! My uncle's reading Phantom right now and telling me all about it. I hear it's different than the play, which could be a bust for me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Some of these titles are TBR books that were on my shelf, but I finally made time for (A Wrinkle in Time, Life of Pi, The Time Traveler's Wife), but it's so easy to put books on a shelf and tell myself "Someday". Here's to Someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, happy Someday! My problem is, I keep buying Someday books and I'm running out of room, ha. :D

      Delete
  7. Haha, I love the procrastinators unite...tomorrow :p That sounds about right! I also own Uglies and haven't read it yet. Someday!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in the same boat! I need that sign...or I could make one...but then that'd also be procrastinating...;D

      Delete
  8. The Time Traveler's Wife is wonderful (skip the movie, though)!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Series of Unfortunate Events! It's so good and the books are nice, quick reads! I'm up to reading number 4 in the series, but of course haven't started it yet! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't really like the Series of Unfortunate Events film but I love the look of the books. I'd like to read them before the Netflix show, but I doubt I will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the Time Traveler's Wife years ago and it is still the saddest book I have ever read! It's so good but so emotional, so be prepared.
    Thanks for stopping by The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
  12. The count of Monte Cristo - so good! You have to read it - you will not regret it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails