Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Books On My Fall TBR List



Books On My Fall TBR List

Ah, Fall, that crisp feel in the air. Drinking hot coffee with your Snuggie on and a good read. Catching a few pages between down-time at a football game. Great time of year!

(Released this Fall)


The Cautious Maiden by Dawn Crandall - If you lurk on my blog very often, you know that I love historical romance. This author comes highly recommend to me in the inspiration genre! I hear she's very suspenseful.

A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding Series) by Rachel Hauck - I heart this series so much. So glad Hauck is continuing the series with the little sister from the first book, Once Upon A Prince.

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher - After seeing her in person at Dragon*Con, Oshie and I refer to Carrie Fisher as "Aunt Carrie." I feel like I've been waiting all year for this book. A must for any Star Wars fan.

Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen - Let's hear it for the boss! I've enjoyed his music for years. Nowadays, I also dance and exercise to his songs. My favorites are "Born to Run" and "Cover Me."


(From my Neverending TBR pile)

An Ember In the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - I really, really need to read this book! Sabaa Tahir was at the Decatur Book Festival. Unfortunately, Oshie and I couldn't make the early afternoon panel. However, I saw the amazingly long autograph line! Clearly, people love her work.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - Although I'm not big on criminal heist stories, this one comes so highly recommended. I have to check it out and see.

The Huntress Of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson - They say September is a good time to re-set resolutions. I need to read all the great books I got for Christmas last year! Love the Katinss/female Robin Hood cover.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner - Although I'm aware that there's two movies of this now, I need to catch up on the YA dystopian genre. I recently found a copy at a used bookstore.

Updraft by Fran Wilde - Another Christmas gift that needs reading before I ask for "more" wishlist books. Also, another author we discovered at last year's Decatur Book Festival.

Manga Classics: Sense & Sensibility - Personally, I can't believe I haven't read this yet! Just been busy. Hope to remedy this situation soon.

16 comments:

  1. I had not idea there was a Manga version of Sense & Sensibility! I'll definitely have to go and check that out.

    Thanks for dropping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Glad I could recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Six of crows was soooo good! I loved it and I loved Kaz! Thanks for stopping to our TTT!

    I love the picture of this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Yes, I wish my neighborhood looked like that, lol, still hot and humid here.

      Delete
  3. Six of Crows!! I just bought the sequel this morning, and I'm already dying to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Ember in the Ashes, The Maze Runner, and Six of Crows are on my endless TBR list too! I've never tried a Manga book, but I have a few that I'm excited to read! Happy reading and happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we're TBR pile twinies! Hee, manga is my guilty reading pleasure, as relaxing as coloring :)

      Delete
  5. YES I adore my Snuggie, don't care what anyone says, it's the perfect accompaniment for a snuggly reading session. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snuggies still rock! But sometimes I do wear mine like a robe :)

      Delete
  6. Some of these are on my TBR list too but not for this autumn!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/top-ten-tuesday-76/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Here's to get to them eventually! Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. An Ember in the Ashes is so good - I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so, too. I've been looking for my next fav book series since The Hunger Games :)

      Delete
  8. I can't believe you haven't read The Mazerunner yet! it's so good! James Dashner is really nice too, i met him in person a few years back.
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it, and LOVE Dystopian! Ah! Here's to doing all the things and reading all the books ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails