Wednesday, September 21, 2016

My Best Audio Listens


My Best Audio Listens

So many books, so little time! Thank goodness for audiobooks, nifty life-hack to cross a few off the ole TBR pile while traveling and cleaning house.


The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay - After reading first two books I HAD to share with Oshie. Since he had limited time in medical school, I downloaded them from Audible, and we had a great time listening to them on the road. So much so, we cooked up excuses to drive somewhere.

Outlander - It's a juggernaut of a book. To be honest, although it came highly recommended, I was intimidated to attempt to read it. Very glad I downloaded the audiobook! Davina Porter's voice is perfect for the series.

Harry Potter: Prisoner Of Azkaban - I'm already biased for this book, cause I love time-travel. Prior to the release of the "Goblet of Fire" movie, I listened to books 1-4 to refresh my memory.

The Secret Garden - In elementary school, this was my first audiobook! I was already in love with the 1993 movie. Listening to the story cemented my fascination with the Victorian era.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - I listened to this one on a college bus trip. Good way to pass the boring miles. LibriVox now has a smartphone app, no more downloading the whole book on your phone, tablet, or computer.

Rebecca - Thank you, Audible, for having great deals on classic lit! I enjoyed this underrated, gripping classic. Sometimes a good sale is a great way to discover an unfamiliar gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails