Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Books Of The Fantasy Genre


Alright, time to geek out! Sign as found on Etsy via Pinterest. Too cool, I need my own!


The Last Unicorn - I guess this was the movie that started it all for me. Later, in high school, I finally tracked down the book and found even more to love. Today, it's also an awesome and beautifully done graphic novel.

The Neverending Story - Ditto for this movie. LOVED it as a kid. Luckily, I found a copy of it at school book fair and completely devoured the story.

The Once and Future King - As if I couldn't love King Arthur more, we read this in high school. Be still my heart. Knights. Quests. Too romantic.

Harry Potter - Wow, what can I say? I knew after reading the first chapter, it was going to be a great adventure. One I should have read years earlier.

The Fellowship of the Rings - Again, I should have listened to Oshie and read this sooner! Tolkien was a word-smith genius and very witty. I want to name our son after Aragorn's character...not sure if Oshie will let me though...

The Book of Three - Yeah, really sensing a see-the-movie-read-the-book theme from myself. I wanted to watch the Disney cartoon for YEARS. Thankfully, they finally, finally let it out of the vault and I enjoyed it so much I read half the series.

Howl's Moving Castle - Is a wonderful all-engrossing fantasy with a unique character perspective. It was one of my best reads of all time. I had to share it with Oshie as soon as I was done. It's too good not to share!

A Wizard of Earthsea - Read this in 2012, and it was a breath of fresh air. Sparrowhawk is one of the most intriguing fantasy characters I've met in a long time.

The Two Princess of Bamarre - I can't believe it's been over a dozen years since I read this...but I remember it being heavy on the girl power. Levine can do no wrong in my opinion.

Wildwood Dancing - I feel like I just mentioned this in my last TTT..oh well, it's too cool not to mention again. Also heavy on the girl power, air of mystery, suspense, romance. A great read!

12 comments:

  1. So many great books made your list this week! I want that sign, too :p

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, love that sign. Perfect for Halloween, too :)

      Delete
  2. Great list, it goes to show how much variety you can actually find in fantasy. Also, that The Last Unicorn cover is stunning!
    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I love unicorn art in general, and The Last Unicorn graphic novel is splendid :)

      Delete
  3. Wildwood Dancing is one of my favorite books of all time.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-favorite-ghost.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) So good! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've always wanted to read Howl's Moving Castle but I've never gotten around to it :(

    My TTT:
    https://bookishnight.wordpress.com/2016/09/13/top-ten-tuesday-aliens/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! Different, but just as lovely as the movie.

      Delete
  5. The Never Ending Story made my list this week, too! :)
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Love, love, love the book & movie!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read The Fellowship of The Rings yet, which is terrible since I'm such a huge fantasy lover! Thanks for sharing this list! There's a lot of books on here that I've never even heard about before!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I know the feeling! Oshie begged me to read it for years and I didn't move it higher on the TBR pile cause of the movies. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails