Monday, October 3, 2016

Review: Pop Painting: Inspiration and Techniques from the Pop Surrealism Art Phenomenon

Pop Painting: Inspiration and Techniques from the Pop Surrealism Art PhenomenonPop Painting: Inspiration and Techniques from the Pop Surrealism Art Phenomenon by Camilla d'Errico
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Although I wasn't previously familiar with d'Errico's work, I was intrigued by this book's beautiful cover. I am an art enthusiast (I could spend hours on Tumblr and Deviantart), who secretly wishes for more time to dabble in painting.

Overall, I found the book very encouraging. Unlike a lot of "how-to" books, which feel robotic and technical, it seemed that d'Errico cares about her audience. In the first chapters of the book, she takes the time to explain Pop Surrealism, focus on inspiration and becoming a better artist, as well as, tools of the trade, and the artist's studio. As someone "looking to get her feet wet" I found this helpful and thought-provoking.

The second part of the book includes step-by-step examples. It was amazing to see the progression of each piece! Tons of heart-felt good advice. Highly recommended for aspirating artists and art lovers alike.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails