Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Books I'm Thankful For


Books I'm Thankful For

Holy Bible - As a Christian, it goes without saying. It is a never-ending source of inspiration and hope for me. It's helped make me who I am today.

Wreck This Journal - Although it might seem like a silly idea to some, this book taught me to let go of some of my OCD with neatness and just have fun making a mess.


The Last Unicorn - The reason I became a fantasy geek as a child, and the reason I still am one today!

Watership Down - Reinforced my love of nature and animals. Helped me survive 9th grade lunch hour.

Star Wars: A New Hope Novelization - In elementary school, this inspired me to write. Although, it technically was fanfiction, eventually I was inspired to create my own work as well.


The Hunger Games - With the recession, my life was also in a bad place. I needed a novel like this to keep calm and carry on. Fight the good fight.

The Princess Diaries - I can't say it enough, how much this book helped me to laugh again after my dad passed away.

The Secret Garden - I wanna say this was my intro into loving classic literature. It paved the way for me to enjoy Jane Eyre and Austen later on.


I Am Pusheen the Cat - Its too-adorable-ness provides me with insta-happiness and relaxation during stressful days.

Harry Potter - For "non book nerds" its usually the one book or series they've read, helping them "get" what it's like to have fun in a fictional world and/or understand us super geeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails