Thursday, November 10, 2016

Review: Classic German Baking: The Very Best Recipes for Traditional Favorites, from Pfeffernüsse to Streuselkuchen

Classic German Baking: The Very Best Recipes for Traditional Favorites, from Pfeffernüsse to StreuselkuchenClassic German Baking: The Very Best Recipes for Traditional Favorites, from Pfeffernüsse to Streuselkuchen by Luisa Weiss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you're interesting in German Baking, as far as I'm concerned, this book is a must! Every recipe sounds delicious.

My husband and I frequent a German bakery in one of our favorite vacation spots. The unique goodness led us to try our hand at German cooking. That said, there's been a lot of setbacks along the way (old, unclear books and recipes).

Classic German Baking is a clear and easy-to-use cookbook. Its contents are divided into: Cookies, Cakes, Yeasted Cakes, Tortes and Strudels, Savories, Breads and Rolls, Christmas Favorites, and Basics.

All ingredients listed are easily found at your local grocery. Names of recipes are in German and English. Measurements are given in cups and grams.

My only complaint: more pictures needed! I like for each recipe to have a photo, an image for me to double-check and go by. A lot of the images in this book are landscapes or a single ingredient used in the recipe.

Otherwise, a great addition to your cookbook collection and holiday recipes to share with guests.

I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails