Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016



Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016

Frank Herbert - In a word: fantastic. Dune flows effortlessly from the page. Best story I should have read a dozen years ago. Reading Dune was also one of my bucket list "30 During 30" items. Glad it's finally achieved!

Alan Moore - He is legend among comic book readers. I finally, finally picked up his work to better understand the hype and criticism of "The Killing Joke" movie. Overall, I see why he has a hardcore fan following.

Thomas Hardy - Flawlessly created a great sense of community in "Far From The Madding Crowd." Although he isn't nice to his main heroine, the story is certainly dramatic and entertaining to read.

JoJo Moyes - She's a unique and heartbreakingly good writer. It's shame I didn't try her out sooner. I basically bumped "You Before Me" and "After You" higher on my TBR pile because of the movie. Glad I did.

Mariko Tamaki - Her graphic novel, This One Summer, really took me back to those carefree coming-of-age summers of my youth. Important issues mixed with movies, swimming, and friends.

Colleen Hoover - Wow. Through her stories this lady broke my heart, stomped on it, and then glued it back together, lol. One dramatic ride through romance!

Julie Klassen - Ah! Why didn't I read her work sooner? Perfect for Jane Austen fans who enjoy clean romance. I strong recommend The Secret of Pembrooke Park.

Dianne Duvall - I took a chance on one of her fantasy romance novels and was pleasantly surprised! I hope to read more of her work in the future.

Tessa Dare - I had, literally, owned one of her books for years. I enjoyed her romantic sense of humor and intriguing plots. I easily identified with her unique heroines.

Kerrigan Byrn - Wow, her plot was so hot. One of my new fav authors. Currently collecting the rest of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails