Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2016 End of Year Survey

Ahh! It's 2017 and I'm still stuck in 2016, oh well, better late than never ;-)

MY READING STATS

Number Of Books You Read: 109
Number of Re-Reads: 3 (An Offer From A Gentleman, Jane Eyre (manga), and read Star Wars: TFA novelization over and over)
Genre You Read The Most From: Graphic Novels, Romance


BEST IN BOOKS

1. Best Book You Read In 2016?


Inspired me to let my geek girl flag fly! Offline, I don't know many people as geeky (bookish or otherwise) as I am. Felicia reminded me that maybe I'm just a unique mythical creature. Both funny and motivational.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

A Gathering of Shadows was much slower than I expected. I hope the last book in the series picks up the pace.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? 



I read a lot of mixed reviews for this one and ultimately, decided to "wait" to read it. What? I ended up loving it! True, it's a bittersweet coming-of-age tale, but it's well done.
 
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


Having read and reviewed Vader comics in the past, I was curious about the new canon. As a wholehearted Vader fan, I knew Oshie would love this. Now that he's read them, he's sad the series is over.

5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?




Started: Red Rising! Sequel: After You by JoJo Moyes! Ender: Chi's Sweet Home!

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?


Julie Klassen, yay :)

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

Do I have a reading comfort zone? I don't think I read anything our of my comfort zone, if I do.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


So witty, I couldn't stop reading!

9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Perfect for any Star Wars geek. The perfect reference for my Star Wars blog ;)

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?


It might seem boring to some, but I really like the type and tri-colors. It's bold and eye-catching.

11. Most memorable character of 2016?

Princess Leia, all the way! The new canon got it right, IMO.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?

Thomas Hardy, man oh man, could he write. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
In my quest to write my own epic fiction, this book was very educational.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
Lord of the Flies meets The Hunger Games, but very well done.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?

“I think you underestimate my capacity for taking normal human interaction and making it awkward.” ― Tessa DareWhen a Scot Ties the Knot

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?


17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Cause it turned out to be a play...and Harry Potter is "the man" now, forgotten his youth.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR




19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Batman & Joker


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously



21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:


Another blogger commented that she couldn't believe I'd never read "The Maze Runner," so I moved it higher on my TBR.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?


Mr. Gabriel Oak, Far From Madding Crowd


23. Best 2016 debut you read?

No debuts this year :-/

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy (again)

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Funny and a little absurd.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?


I felt emotionally exhausted after reading this...well done, but I dunno, I think I'm too sensitive to read her work in the future.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


Took a chance on fantasy romance and was surprised!

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Ditto for November 9

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?

I was interested in the Kudzu plant. It took over my state after all. However, I never guessed it'd have so many Japanese recipes.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

I wanted, maybe, a volume 2, as this book mostly talked about A New Hope. But, as you probably heard, in light of her passing, I'm mad she died so young. Her personality was beautiful.

MY BOOKISH LIFE

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?

Alexis'a Books and Such - My Secret Santa

The Mark Of A Book Fan - My Secret Santa giftee

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?

Classics Corner: Far From Madding Crowd

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

My DBF post is always one of my favs to share.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

DBF 2016, yeah, yeah!



5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?

Getting this book at a deep discount. Oshie wanted me to wait on it, however, as B&N members I knew we could get a good deal. At the counter the awesome clerk also gave me one of her coupons. Her kindness made my day. I'll never forget it.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

I also started a bucket list blog and a Star Wars blog, both with Instagram accounts. So, in addition to this blog, and creative writing (150,000 words, yay), and being a wifey, I was spread thinly. I really need to come up with a better blog plan/time management/or let something go...but I love it all too much....

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?


Review: Jane Austen Coloring Book (Manga Classics)

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I'm really happy to have any post love! Especially with how little I updated and reviewed this year...and I accomplished none of my blogging resolutions.

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Together, Oshie and I discovered a large, lovely library in a town we might move to.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Yes, met my Goodreads reading challenge of 100. However, I didn't read and giveaway as many books as I wanted. :(

LOOKING AHEAD

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?


AHH, my Secret Santa gave this to me last, last year...but let me tell you, 2016 was just a crazy busy year. I did so much, but feel like I did so little, too. :(

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?



3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?



4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?



5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?

Time management skills

1 comment:

  1. I'm seeing so much love for Me Before You as I bounce around this link-up! I am very keen to read it. Soon, soon!

    Your love of Far From the Madding Crowd makes me more inclined to read it. Hardy's writing and settings are frigging great, but I just got bogged down with The Mayor of Casterbridge and I hated most of the characters. But I do have a copy of Madding Crowd, so maybe I should give it a whirl one of these days.

    Emily @ sparrowsflysouth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails