Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Ten Underrated Books (On My Goodreads "Read" List)


Ten Underrated Books (On My Goodreads "Read" List)

On your Goodreads "read list" it's easy to browse underrated books by sorting based on "number of ratings". Here are a few underrated gems that I enjoyed.


Betsy-Tacy (Betsy-Tacy, #1) by Maud Hart Lovelace - I loved this classic children's story. It was actually recommended to me on author Meg Cabot's website. However, I've never met anyone in person who's read or heard of the series. It's a great old-fashioned timepiece.


Manga Classics: Jane Eyre by Stacy King - A beautiful manga edition to any Jane Eyre fan's collection. Sadly, I couldn't find it in stores anywhere! Oshie had to special order it for me.


The Courageous Princess - This was my gateway into graphic novels. It's a wonderful girl-power fairy tale. Great for fantasy adventure lovers who also like stories similar to The Neverending Story.



Wreath by Judy Christie - A heartwarming tale of survival, perfect for anyone who enjoys inspirational YA fiction. Reminiscent of "Where The Heart Is." Well done and kept me turning the pages late at night.



The Adventures of Buster Bear by Thornton W. Burgess - Another forgotten classic from yesteryear, my grandmother's generation. If you like sweet animal stories, such as Winnie the Pooh, Wind in the Willows, etc, this is for you.



The Christmas Doll by Elvira Woodruff - Wow, I reviewed this so long ago, like 2010, but it still sticks out in my memory. It's currently out-of-print. However if you're obsessed with the Victorian era like I am, this heartwarming tale is worth buying used.


The Worrier's Guide to Life by Gemma Correll - Hilarious! A life-style guide for all us overthinkers. I loved this so much and got tons of lols from it. Highly recommended.


Film Isms...: Understanding Cinema - Ah movies. This nifty little guide helped me understand my favorite genres and even learn what some my favorite genres are. Includes helpful examples and recommendations.


Clues to American Dress - Quick, handy overview of American fashion through the ages. Great for students, history lovers, writers, and artists.


Fat Cat Art - Love art? Love cats? Love art AND cats? Then sit back and watch how well a ginger cat improves famous masterpieces. Oshie and I were busting out laughing in the bookstore.

6 comments:

  1. Betsy-Tacy is super sweet! I heard about it from Modern Mrs. Darcy. I think it would probably be best for kindergarten age, but I could still appreciate it as an adult.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing the Modern Mrs. Darcy with me. Love that blog name ;)

      Delete
  2. These are all new books to me!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-underratedhidden.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, glad I share them with you!!

      Delete
  3. I finally read Betsy-Tacy a couple of years ago and loved it! I want to read the rest of the series too.

    My TTT is here, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I need to finish the series, too. As well as, Anne of Green Gables. At this point, I probably need to re-read them :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails