Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Top Ten Books I Want To Read This Summer


Top Ten Books I Want To Read This Summer

Ah, summer. It's hot, hot, humid in the South, zaps your energy and makes you want to kick it back with a book and a nice bottle of sparkling Voss water.

Here are the Top Ten Books I Want to read this summer. *Fingers crossed* cause I've been super busy. This year has been packed. Literally, 90% of my books are packed right now. :)


The Girl With The Make-Believe Husband - Love the fake marriage trope. Love, love Julia Quinn's work. Never fails to be funny.


Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Star Wars) - I was lucky enough to meet the author at Star Wars Celebration! This lady is great at action adventure!


The Last Unicorn & Two Hearts - Somehow I was lucky enough to find a rare hardcopy of this book. I've been waiting to re-read it and the short story Two Hearts. I think it's time.


Poison Study - Ditto for this one! I've been on a fantasy romance kick and this was my intro into the genre. Time to revisit.


Graceling - I've heard nothing but praise for it for years. Found it on the shelf while packing.


East - Ditto. I need to read all these fantasy titles I own!


Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children - Everyone I know loves the movie. I feel like reading the book first.


The Dark Angel -
 I feel like I should have read this back during the Twilight craze. Anyhow, again, I found it while packing and it sounds haunting good.


The Hero With A Thousand Faces - It seems to be a writing and research staple. It's past time for me to make time for it. Although it's hardly a breezy summer read!


Ronin by Frank Miller - I've heard it's a must for graphic novel fans. Now that Oshie's done, it's my turn.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I read Graceling, but I haven't made it to the second book in the series yet.

    My TTT, if you're interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone I know has really enjoyed Poison Study; I hope you love it! I read Miss Peregrine's Home and loved the quirkiness and interesting plot. I definitely recommend reading the book first too, the movie was good but I don't think it captured a lot of the mystery and strangeness that the book pulls you in to. Great list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails