Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Tweet
Top Ten Characters You'd Like To Check In With
Sometimes it's a case of ask and you shall receive in the book world...a lot of recent books I've grieved with abrupt endings, now have sequels! However, here's a few characters I'd love to have a status update on:
1. and 2. Hermione & Harry - With Rowling upsetting everyone's apple cart that Hermione and Harry should have gotten together...(she's the author, she can write that!), I'd almost like to see a widowed Hermione and Harry as a couple...even in their 60s, 70s (feel free to run with that fanfiction idea!). IMO a new series about their grandkids would be more refreshing than continuing the story straight from the end of Deathly Hallows.
3. President Snow's Granddaughter - (Spoiler Alert) Seriously, Katniss, you just got out the Hunger Games and war, and you wanna put another innocent girl in the mix? Some fans presume that with Coin dead, President Snow's granddaughter is saved from playing in the games. Or is she? I'm interested in the upcoming movie's take.
4. Mr. Rochester - (Spoiler Alert) I know that the book implies that all is eventually well and good for Mr. Rochester...he recovers and has Jane to care for him. But I like to know-know, you know? Bronte could have really taken us through the journey of his path back to health.
5. Stargirl - Does Stargirl keep on shining? Does she find an equally awesome and unique boyfriend/husband (better than Leo)? Does she find her people? Does she have starbabies? I want a new book in this series!
6. Cassandra Mortmain - Although it's been years since I read "I Capture The Castle" I remember being very disappointed in the ending. There was a sense that Cassandra and her odd family would be okay, but for me there really wasn't enough closure.
7. Jacob - So, Jacob, how's that being in love with Nessie thing working out? ...I feel like his character was cheated out of a life. I kinda feel sorry for him. Why couldn't Meyer put him with a nice wolf girl? I'd love to see a magic loophole out of the Jacob/Nessie pairing.
8. Mary Bennett - Poor Mary is the dorky sister in Pride & Prejudice. I know that at least one film version hints she would have been a better match for Mr. Collins than Elizabeth (their mother is just blind to that fact). So, does she become an old maid, the spinster sister who goes to live with Elizabeth? Or does she find her own piano-playing version of Darcy or Bingley?
9. Young Catherine Linton - (Spoiler Alert) Forced to married a sickly boy in a revenge plot against her parents, I'm afraid young Catherine Linton deserves some happiness! There could be an entire book on her struggles after escaping Heathcliff's madness.
10. The Bridgerton Grandchildren - The Bridgerton series is such a nice, romantic world, with the right touch of comedy. I'm excited that the series might be continuing with some of the Bridgerton grandchildren in 2016. I could literally read about this family to modern day.